1. Protecting Your Privacy
- We don't run banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- Our service uses basic authentication. Click on “logout” in your browser to log out.
- DepositShield does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 18. If DepositShield learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 18, DepositShield will remove that post.
- DepositShield, or people who post on DepositShield, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data We Collect
- We collect your email address, for purposes such as registering you to use our website, verifying your authority to enter our website, self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for services, etc.
- We may collect contact information, such as name(s), phone number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- We sometimes collect your phone number for account authentication purposes, and may transmit it to a third party service for tele-robotic verification.
- DepositShield does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our listings or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on DepositShield's forums, social media profiles, or listings that you expect to keep private.
- We may use your demographic information (i.e., age, postal code, residential and commercial addresses, and other various data) to more effectively facilitate the promotion of our service to appropriate target audiences.
- Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the DepositShield site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3. Data We Store
- All profiles, listings, and forum postings may be stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- Our web logs and other records may be stored indefinitely.
- Registered members can access and update their account information through the account homepage.
- Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and Display of DepositShield Public Content by Search Engines and Other Sites
Search engines and other sites not affiliated with DepositShield - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available DepositShield postings.
5. Circumstances in Which DepositShield May Release Information
- DepositShield may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- DepositShield may also disclose information at the request of its data providers in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to claims that the Service is violation of licensure to said data providers.
6. International Users
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of DepositShield we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.